Sign in if you already have an account.
  
donate.gif

National Spotlight

Financial Resources —Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more

Voices of Impact™ — Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all.

About Us

The Acadiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is proud to be part of the world's largest and most progressive grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists - the only grassroots organization fighting to cure breast cancer at every stage, from the causes to the cures and the pain and anxiety of every moment in between.

Founded May 22, 1999, the Acadiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is committed to:

  • Raising awareness of breast health issues.
  • Educating our community on breast cancer statistics and Susan G. Komen for the Cure's breast health recommendations.
  • Raising funds to fund local education, screening and treatment grants, as well as research grants at the national level.

Up to 75 percent of net proceeds raised by our Affiliate remains in the Acadiana community to fund community projects related to breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment.  The remainder of the net proceeds (a minimum of 25 percent) will support Komen's National Award and Research Grant Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.

Local volunteers have acted on behalf of the Acadiana Affiliate through outreach programs designed to increase awareness and knowledge of breast health and Komen activities.  Increasing awareness of breast health practices through distribution of educational materials and speakers is vital to achieving our Promise. Whether the audience is 5 or 500, Komen Acadiana seeks to get the word out.

Komen Acadiana is primarily volunteer based with three full-time staff members.  If you would like to volunteer with Komen Acadiana please email us at info@komenacadiana.org