2018 Acadiana Race for the Cure-like you’ve never experienced before!

Greetings!

The 2018 Acadiana Race for the Cure is quickly approaching, and we want you to have all the important updates/information! Register today at www.komenacadiana.org/race to join us!

Below, we have included a few information highlights; however, please  visit our FAQ page for additional information on our exciting 2018 Acadiana Race for the Cure.

How do I Volunteer?

Want to support the Acadiana Race for the Cure and/or join our Race Committee? You can! Contact Komen Acadiana at our Office, by emailing info@komenacadiana.org or by calling 337.993.5745. To volunteer for Race preparations & Race Day please click this link.

What about Team Tents?

Team Hangout spots are available, but going fast!  By registering for Team Hangout you have access to a 10×10 space for your team to  gather on Race day (tent not provided by affiliate).   Teams are encouraged to contribute to our much needed FUN-raising efforts.  Register now before they are all gone by downloading the Teams Packet.

Should I register my child?:

Yes, please do, if they are over the age of 2! We have reduced the price of a child’s registration to $15.00. With that registration, children will receive a t-shirt for the race and they can visit our Kids Korner! The Kids Korner will have many fun activities, including sack races, egg toss, characters, remote control cars, painting, face painting, crafts, train rides, and so much more! Each child registered for Race, at a fee of $15, will be admitted to enjoy the fun!

Special Survivor in your life?

Nominations are now open for our 2018 Survivor of the Year at http://www.courtesyvalue.com/survivor-of-the-year/.  Nominate the special Breast Cancer survivor in your life to be recognized as the survivor of the year at February 24, 2018!

Want to honor someone’s legacy?

Have a loved one that has left a legacy as a result of breast cancer? Submit pictures of your legacy honoree for our memorial video to info@komenacadiana.org. The video will be shown during the Survivor Ceremony after race on the large screen behind the stage on Race evening.

Did you know?

Race for the Cure® is Komen Acadiana’s largest annual fundraiser. Seventy Five Percent (75%) of the net proceeds raised through this event fund local community grants in and around Acadiana for breast cancer education, screening, patient navigation, treatment and support services. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) goes to a National Research Foundation, and funds lifesaving research to find cures for breast cancer.

The Acadiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen services 19 parishes in Louisiana.  Since 1999, Komen Acadiana has awarded over $3.4 million to local organizations for innovative breast health and breast cancer services not found elsewhere– serving the uninsured and under insured for screening, education and treatment. Additionally, Komen Acadiana has funded over $1 million in lifesaving research for cures for breast cancer. For more information about 2017 Acadiana Race for the Cure, including sponsorship or mission information, please contact the Area Director of Komen Acadiana, Gretchen Daniel, at (337) 993-5745 or gretchend@komenacadiana.org.

Thank you! We will see you February 24!- Komen Acadiana Staff &  Race Committee