These projects have been selected by our independent Grant Review Panel as those that will have the greatest impact in serving uninsured or under-insured women in our service area. Please note that Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is not a direct service provider.
Komen Acadiana strives to fund diverse and impactful breast health programs throughout our service area which includes the following 19 Parishes: Acadia, Allen, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Catahoula, Concordia, Evangeline, Grant, Iberia, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, La Salle, Rapides, St. Landry, St. Martin, Vermilion and Vernon.
Susan G. Komen is committed to saving lives and ending breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
To support the Komen mission Komen Acadiana provides the following services to our communities:
- Build Partnerships between health care providers and bridge the gaps in quality of care for all breast cancer patients.
- Educate the community of breast health and breast cancer risk factors through community engagements and educational materials.
- Advocate for state and federal breast health programs to ensure quality of care for all.
- Support our local families battling breast cancer through preventive measures, survivorship services, psychosocial support, treatment and transportation.
- Energize science through research grant programs improving treatment and to find the cures.
List of 2018-2019 Community Grant Recipients