Thank you Acadiana-Race for the Cure 2018 was a success!

THANK YOU ACADIANA!

Thank you for once again supporting Komen Acadiana’s Race for the Cure!  Thanks to your support, we raised over $170,000 and had close to 2000 people RACE FOR THE CURE!

Race for the Cure® is Komen Acadiana’s largest annual fundraiser. Seventy Five Percent (75%) of the net proceeds raised through this event help fund local community grants for breast cancer education, screening, patient navigation, treatment and support services. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) funds life saving research through a National Research Foundation to find cures for breast cancer.

We would also like to acknowledge the support of our local sponsors!  Without community partnerships, we would not be able to  make a local impact on breast cancer, through community grants, to entities like Lafayette General Foundation, Southwest Louisiana Primary Healthcare Clinic, and CMAP Express.   Since 1999, Komen Acadiana has been able to put 3.4 million back into our community THANKS TO YOU!

 

THE RACE IS OVER BUT WE NEED HELP GETTING TO THE FINISH LINE!

There is still time to FUN-raise!  All donations that are received by March 24, 2018 will be credited to our yearly fundraising total, and will help to fund the $200,000 in community grant applications we are trying to fund by March 31, 2018!  Go to www.komenacadiana.org/race to donate or call our office at 337-993-5745 today!

RACE PACKETS & SURVIVOR MEDALS

If you did not receive your packet and or survivor medal, but you registered, please call 337-993-5745 to arrange a time to pick up your items.  If you registered as a virtual runner, your packet will be mailed to the address you provided very soon.

RACE PHOTOS

Thank you again for your support of Komen Acadiana’s Race for the Cure. Race Day Pictures are up on our Race Album located on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/64089198477/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10156330815923478.   If you have any that you would like to share please email info@komenacadiana.org and we will add them to our Race Day Album!

ACADIANA AFFILIATE ACADIANA FLAG T-SHIRTS STILL ON SALE!

You can still purchase our Acadiana flag t-shirt today! Call our office at 337.993.5745 or email us at info@komenacadiana.org.  All shirts are $20.00, and can be picked up immediately!

SAVE THE DATE- Touch a Truck 2018

Save the date for our next family event, TOUCH A TRUCK, April 14, 2018! This event will be held, once again, at Cajun Field.  To learn more about our 2nd Annual Touch a Truck event, you can view coverage for our 2017 event here: http://www.katc.com/clip/13421559/touch-a-truck. Kids are able to interact with various vehicles, as well as enjoy the many activities available in our kids play area!

 

Thank you again Acadiana! We are grateful for your support.